200-hour Viniyoga Wellness InstructorDeepen Personal Practice. Inspire Others.
The 200-hour Viniyoga Wellness Instructor Training is an opportunity to develop a deeper relationship to your own personal practice and inspire others through teaching in the time-honored and authentic tradition of Viniyoga as transmitted by Gary Kraftsow and the American Viniyoga Institute through his senior teachers.
- Receive authentic and ancient teachings in the Viniyoga tradition
- Learn a comprehensive approach to practice and teaching including asana, pranayama, chanting and meditation
- Develop knowledge and skills needed to work with all ages and in a variety of settings
- Become eligble for Yoga Alliance RYT-200 and advanced training with Gary Kraftsow and AVI (300-hour program to become RYT-500 and the Yoga Therapist Training)
- Mentor with an experienced Viniyoga Teacher (E-RYT 500) and Yoga Therapist for your personal practice and teaching
- Join a dynamic, supportive and respected adult learning community
Gary Kraftsow, MA, E-RYT 500 is Founder and Director of the American Viniyoga Institute. He has been a teacher of teachers for 30+ years. His time-tested curriculum is now available in a 200-hour format through senior AVI faculty. The curriculum is true to the authentic teachings in this lineage and provides an accurate transmission in the Viniyoga methodology. The program maximizes adult learning and balances didactic and experiential learning. Students have the option to participate or observe practices that demonstrate Viniyoga principles and teaching methodology. In addition, students practice teaching core principles of Viniyoga to each other, and refine observation and language skills for teaching individuals or groups.
STUDENTS WHO COMPLETE THE TRAINING PROGRAM WILL BE ABLE TO:Personal Practice
- Develop and deepen a personal practice appropriate to your interests, needs and unique condition
- Understand a basic level of yoga anatomy specific to foundational Viniyoga asanas
- Create and teach sequences for specific intentions that follow Viniyoga sequencing principles
- Demonstrate how to teach Viniyoga principles of breath and movement, the biomechanics of asana, and adaptation of foundational Viniyoga postures
- Understand and teach breath adaptation in asana to create specific effects
- Teach simple breath awareness and introductory pranayama techniques
- Understand and chant selected sutras from Chapters 1 and 2 of the Yoga Sutra-s of Patanjali
- Chant several Vedic chants unique to this lineage
- Understand, chant and experience the teachings of Chapters 1 and 2 of the Yoga Sutra-s of Patanjali related to the nature of the mind and mastering the mind.
- Demonstrate multi-modal yoga teaching methodology appropriate to the student(s)
- Understand an introductory level of terms and definitions of Yoga
- Join a dynamic, supportive and respectful adult learning community locally with River Flow Yoga, LLC and nationally through the American Viniyoga Institute Your Professional Development
- Meet the standards set by the Yoga Alliance to become a Registered Yoga Teacher at the 200-hour level (RYT-200)
- Meet qualifications to progress to the American Viniyoga Institute’s 300-hour Viniyoga Foundations Program and Viniyoga Therapist Training if desired
- Participate in continuing education programs for AVI alumni