200 hour Viniyoga Wellness InstructorDeepen Personal Practice. Inspire Others.
The 200 hour Viniyoga Wellness Instructor Training is an opportunity to develop a deeper relationship to your own personal practice and inspire others through teaching in the time-honored and authentic tradition of Viniyoga as transmitted by Gary Kraftsow and the American Viniyoga Institute through his senior teachers.
The 200 hour Viniyoga Wellness Instructor Program meets Yoga Alliance's Registered Yoga School 200-hour registration requirements for yoga teachers.A Time-Tested Curriculum Developed and Supervised by Gary Kraftsow
Gary Kraftsow, MA, E-RYT 500 is Founder and Director of the American Viniyoga Institute. He has been a teacher of teachers for 30+ years. His time-tested curriculum is now available in a 200 hour format through senior AVI faculty. The curriculum is true to the authentic teachings in this lineage and provides an accurate transmission in the Viniyoga methodology. The program maximizes adult learning and balances didactic and experiential learning. Students have the option to participate or observe practices that demonstrate Viniyoga principles and teaching methodology. In addition, students practice teaching core principles of Viniyoga to each other, and refine observation and language skills for teaching individuals or groups. Learn more about Gary Kraftsow and the American Viniyoga Institute at www.viniyoga.com.
- Increase understanding and appropriate application of the principles of the Viniyoga approach for teaching individuals, including principles of breath and movement, biomechanics of asana, principles of adaptation and the art and science of sequencing
- Increase understanding of the theory and appropriate application of all aspects of practice in the Viniyoga approach for teaching individuals, with a focus on asana and breath adaptation in asana
- Personal development of the participant through personal practice and mentoring with an AVI-trained Viniyoga Teacher/Viniyoga Therapist.
- Apply planning, observation, and communication skills to meet the needs of individuals and groups
- Increase competence in creating integrated, balanced practices for wellness settings
- Introduction to the teachings of the Yoga Sutra-s of Patanjali
The Student Manual includes worksheets and reference materials to assist with key elements of the training. Many of our graduates comment on how they continually go back to the Student Manual to uncover deeper levels of understanding. Independent study assignments are carefully structured to progressively integrate the previous session’s curriculum and prepare you for the next session.
Students receive personal support from mentors as part or the program, however students who require extra time beyond that provided by the program can work with mentors one-on-one (fee-based service). AVI respects that students entering our programs have varying educational needs. Our goal is to help you thrive as a practitioner and teacher.