Pre-training & Required Materials
200-hour Viniyoga Wellness Instructor
A pre-training study packet will be e-mailed once you are registered.
Students can expect to pay approximately $75-100 for the required materials. If you print the manual materials, you can expect to incur $60 – 80 in printing/copying and manual expenses.
- Books by Gary Kraftsow (available as print or e-books): Yoga for Wellness and Yoga for Transformation
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews, 2012 edition
- Journal for keeping personal practice notes
- A translation of the Yoga Sutra-s of Patanjali
We suggest that you pick out a translation to which you are drawn by going to a bookstore or reviewing the translations on the Amazon website (www.amazon.com) Suggested translations:
- The Essence of Yoga by Bernard Bouanchaud (no longer in print)
- The Science of Yoga by I. K. Taimni
- Yoga Philosophy of Patanjali, by Swami Hariharananda Aranya
- Yoga-Sutras of Patanjali With the Exposition of Vyasa: A Translation and Commentary : Samadhi-Pada by Pandit Usharbudh Arya
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (with the Exposition of Vyasa), (Vol. II: Sadhana-Pada) (Vol 2) by Swami Veda Bharati
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Sri S. Satchidananda
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED RESOURCES
- Chanting Live with Gary Kraftsow CD or audio download ($18.00)
- Yoga Sutra-s of Patanjali Chapter One, A Commentary by Gary Kraftsow, CD or audio download ($79.00)
- Yoga Sutra-s of Patanjali Chapter Two, A Commentary by Gary Kraftsow, CD or audio download ($85.00)
These resources are available through the AVI website online store. Additional resource suggestions will be provided at the 1st weekend of training.