Requirements for Certification
200-hour Viniyoga Wellness Instructor
REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATION AS A VINIYOGA WELLNESS INSTRUCTOR
- Attendance at all scheduled weekend sessions and make-up of any missed sessions through one-on-one mentoring with one of the faculty members at the student’s own expense
- Completion of all home-study assignments
- Development of a regular personal yoga practice
- Teaching demonstration
- Completion of 3 mentoring calls for personal practice, home-study review and final project guidance
- A final project that involves teaching a 6-session Viniyoga series of classes to a group
- Completion of all tuition fees or fees for make-up hours/additional mentoring.
HOME-STUDY AND FINAL PROJECT COMPLETION DEADLINEStudents who don't complete home-study and a final project within 2 months of the completion of the training will be required to pay a re-entry fee to AVI and home-study review fees to the assigned mentor.
APPLYING TO YOGA ALLIANCE FOR RYT-200Yoga Alliance is a national credentialing organization for yoga teachers. Yoga Alliance maintains a national Yoga Teachers' Registry to recognize and promote teachers with training that meets minimum educational standards. Upon completion of all requirements for certification, AVI will issue a certificate that can be used to apply for registration with Yoga Alliance.
The American Viniyoga Institute is a Registered Yoga School with Yoga Alliance with approved 200-hour, 300-hour and 500-hour yoga teacher training programs.